September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and while the issues and obstacles may seem overwhelming, there are little things you can do to Go Gold 4 CURE and help children with cancer. Whether you donate to advance research, display a gold bow, or share a Facebook post, many small actions can work together to make a big difference.
To help you narrow it down, here are 19 things you can do for children with cancer.
1. Get a gold bow for your mailbox – these beautiful bows share CURE with everyone driving past your house. Thanks to your incredible generosity, we are sold out for 2021 in Atlanta.
There are still bows available for Bryan County, Bluffton, and Effingham County HERE.
3. CURE’s Kids. Every day during September we share the stories of kids who have fought cancer. Our homepage will rotate daily to the featured pictures with links to their story and we will share them on our social media. Take a minute to read about these heroes, donate if you’re able, and share them with your friends.
4. We have businesses all over the state that are partnering with us during September. All month long, you can get a burger, enjoy chicken salad, or splurge on a donut that benefits CURE. Click HERE to support the businesses that support CURE.
6. Do you own or frequent a business that would GoGold4CURE for a percentage night? We will provide everything you need to get started. Simply contact Kristen Rudio at [email protected] if you have an idea!
10. If you are involved with a school, try to plan a Gold-Out Games. Most schools have been affected by pediatric cancer in some way and this is a great way to energize students for a good cause. Contact Kristen Rudio at [email protected] for more information.
13. Grab your sneakers and run a 5k in Athens. The 5k for Kappy will be a special race in memory of Catherine Williams that benefits CURE. This race is moving to the spring due to COVID-19 concerns. Information about a virtual race in September will be available soon on our social media and HERE.
14. Add our Childhood Cancer Awareness Month Facebook Frame to your profile picture. We will share it on Facebook at the beginning of September.
17. Send our Text-to-Give link to five friends and tell them to text FIGHT to 443211 – it’s that easy!