CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as Volunteer and Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, Events & Initiatives, the Volunteer and Events Coordinator will be responsible for CURE’s volunteer program, as well as assisting with third-party events and Childhood Cancer Awareness Month (September) programs.
- Manage CURE’s volunteer program, including volunteer recruitment, tracking, coordination, training, and stewardship.
- Establish new volunteer database for CURE and maintain updated records and volunteer information.
- Receive and review all volunteer applications and forms and communicate with applicants on status and needs. Reply to all phone/email inquiries from the community about volunteer needs.
- Train all incoming volunteers on specific processes and protocols.
- Track all internal CURE volunteer needs and coordinate with volunteer database to fulfill.
- Keep record of incoming donations/projects and CURE’s current and upcoming needs.
- Coordinate drop-off of items from community volunteers and secure completed in-kind donation forms for all donations of goods.
- Coordinate with Patient and Family Services (PFS) team to keep internal inventory of supplies and various bag programs.
- Oversee volunteer management for all signature events – Believe Ball, A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes, Laurens Run & Picnic, Cocktails & CURE – including identification, training, cultivation, and engagement.
- Assist Special Events Manager with third-party fundraiser management, including but not limited to review all incoming third-party agreements and inquiries, donor cultivation and stewardship, attend event and/or check presentations, third-party tracking and reporting, as well as prepare and mail third-party materials and resources.
- Provide support for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs, including CURE’s Kids, September Community Partners, Coins4CURE, and the September Flag program. Support includes but is not limited to donor prospecting, recruitment, and stewardship, as well as fulfilling September materials mailings and attending event and/or check presentations, as needed.
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, CEO, Senior Director, Events & Initiatives, and/or Special Events Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in volunteer management and revenue-generating special events.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively.
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, donors, and volunteers.
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult supervisor for direction.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic.
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission, goals, and accomplishments.
- Ability to represent CURE Childhood Cancer in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment and maintain flexibility; willingness to quickly adapt to change.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to travel through expanded Atlanta metropolitan area and provide reliable transportation.
**Please submit resume and cover letter (required) to [email protected]. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.