CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as Special Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, Events & Initiatives, the Special Events Coordinator will provide broad support for CURE’s signature events, including but not limited to managing silent auctions, assisting with event logistics, working with volunteer committees, and providing administrative support.
- Provide overall event support to the Senior Director, Events & Initiatives, and the Special Events Manager, including extensive administrative tasks.
- Manage large silent auction for Believe Ball, A Tribute to Our Quiet Heroes, and Cocktails & CURE, including committee recruitment, management, and cultivation.
- Solicit auction donations, create packages, manage auction technology platform, track items, maintain donor records, acknowledge and recognize donors, and produce needed reports.
- Facilitate in-kind donation pick-ups for all special events.
- Assist with guest management and provide on-site event support.
- Assist Special Events Manager with Lauren’s Run & Picnic event needs, including but not limited to participant outreach, peer-to-peer fundraising support, donor stewardship, and logistical assistance.
- Provide support, as needed, for Childhood Cancer Awareness Month programs, including CURE’s Kids, September Community Partners, Coins4CURE, and the September Flag program.
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, CEO, Senior Director, Events & Initiatives, and/or Special Events Manager.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in development and revenue-generating special events.
- Experience in managing silent auctions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively.
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must.
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and apply sound judgment when dealing with committees, donors, and volunteers.
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult supervisor for direction.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and practices.
- Good communication skills and a collaborative work ethic.
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission, goals, and accomplishments.
- Ability to represent CURE Childhood Cancer in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to successfully work independently and in a team environment and maintain flexibility; willingness to quickly adapt to change.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, a positive sense of humor, and a strong work ethic.
- Must be able to travel through expanded Atlanta metropolitan area and provide reliable transportation.
**Please submit resume and cover letter (required) to [email protected]. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.