CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as Senior Development Manager, Major Gift Giving. Reporting to the Development Director, Individual Giving, this position will be responsible for nurturing relationships with a portfolio of existing major gift donors as well as identifying and cultivating new major gift prospects. This individual will also work with our board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives.
Position: Senior Development Manager, Major Gift Giving
Reports To: Development Director
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Atlanta, GA
Workplace Type: On-Site Hybrid
Compensation: $80,000-$90,000 – plus generous benefits
Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of CURE, as established by the Board of Directors. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of CURE and conform to the stated strategies and business needs.
- Plan and lead a major giving program for CURE;
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database (Raisers Edge NXT) and wealth screening tools (Donor Search; ResearchPoint);
- Help our donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and ambitions through a relationship with our organization;
- Manage an existing portfolio of donors and prospects;
- Secure major gifts at the $10,000+ level with the goal of raising $500,000 annually;
- Work with the Development team to align efforts and set goals;
- Create and implement moves management plans;
- Make direct, face-to-face solicitations, and assist the board and other staff with their solicitation (e.g. provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help with donor communications);
- Acknowledge major donors through public and private recognition;
- Track and report progress using specific metrics;
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, CEO and/or Development Director, Individual Giving.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Minimum of five years experience in soliciting five to six figure gifts, preferably in a non-profit setting;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Raisers Edge;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines effectively;
- Superior organizational skills and strict attention to detail a must;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and communicate with a wide range of constituents by mail, email, phone, and in-person interactions.
- Willingness to take initiative and awareness of when to consult supervisor for direction;
- Knowledge of major gift fundraising principles and practices;
- Comfortable creating new processes and procedures;
- Must be able to provide reliable transportation and travel through expanded Atlanta metropolitan area as well as select areas of Georgia.
Applicants should email resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Senior Development Manager, Major Gift Giving” in email subject line.
**Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered.