CURE Childhood Cancer is currently seeking a Director of Individual Giving
Director of Individual Giving
CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced professional to serve as Director of Individual Giving. The ideal candidate is a philanthropic leader with a proven track record for building lasting relationships between donors and important causes. In addition, the successful candidate will be a mission-driven individual passionate about building support for this critical work.
About CURE Childhood Cancer:
With an annual operating budget of $8 million, CURE Childhood Cancer is dedicated to conquering childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families. With cancer as the second leading cause of death in children, CURE typically dedicates more than half of our revenue to research aimed at curing cancers which affect children. Through innovative programming, CURE also provides crisis-oriented support to patients and their families, addressing their most critical and urgent needs.
The Director of Individual Giving is a newly created position which will have primary responsibility for the development and execution of an individual giving strategy, including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new and existing donors. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and will work in tandem with the staff and board members to develop and grow CURE Childhood Cancer’s individual giving program and drive major gift strategies.
- Develop and lead CURE’s individual giving strategy, planning and carrying out identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual giving prospects, especially for mid-level and major donors ($1,000+ giving level);
- In collaboration with the CEO and Director of Development, Savannah, manage the organizational portfolio of individual major gift prospects and donors;
- Develop a comprehensive major donor plan to include retaining and upgrading current donors and identifying and soliciting new donors to meet budgeted revenue goals;
- In collaboration with the CEO and Director of Development, Savannah, implement a customized moves management strategy for each major donor relationship ($10,000+) to include identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and renewal;
- Meet a set goal of regular in-person visits with and phone calls to donors and prospects;
- Develop and implement an effective and comprehensive annual giving program that includes direct mail, electronic fundraising, honor and memorial gifts, online giving days and emerging platforms;
- Work with the Marketing Director to develop collateral materials including presentations, proposals, and stewardship reports;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual fundraising reports for staff, board, and stakeholders;
- Collaborate with CEO to support board members as they take an active role in fundraising;
- Master the history and mission of CURE in order to effectively communicate and collaborate with CURE’s donor base;
- Develop additional fundraising programming to increase donor opportunities and access points (ex: giving circles);
- Professionally and passionately represent CURE Childhood Cancer in the community, reflecting CURE’s core values.
Education, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
- A strong belief in the CURE’s mission and vision
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required with a minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising experience with major gifts moves management
- Proven ability to successfully identify, qualify, prospect, cultivate, solicit and steward potential and current major gift donors in a way that is both personal and reflects CURE’s values and donor expectations
- General knowledge of Planned Gift vehicles
- Successful experience with a portfolio of 100 +/- assigned relationships
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants and other supporters
- Influential, credible, confident persona with strong personal stature, authenticity, warmth, and executive presence but also humility
- Hands-on, detail-oriented leader who will work shoulder-to-shoulder with staff and leaders in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to investigate, uncover, analyze and translate data into meaningful format that can be used to drive solutions
- Ability to make decisions and exercise good judgment with limited direction in a changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and Raiser’s Edge
*Salary for this position is $110,000-$120,000 depending on experience. CURE also offers a competitive benefits package and generous PTO.