Job Opening: Patient and Family Services Manager
Reporting to the Director, Patient and Family Services, the Patient and Family Services Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of patient and family support programs. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization.
Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities and guiding principles of CURE Childhood Cancer, as established by the Board of Directors. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of CURE and conform to the stated strategies and business needs.
- Adhere to and model CURE’s 5 CORE Values as set forth in the Strategic Plan: Accountability, Passion, Mission Driven, Reliability and Partnership.
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent CURE at partner hospitals with genuine compassion and empathy while serving childhood cancer patients, families and caregivers within those hospitals.
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent CURE in community.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of CURE’s Counseling Program.
- Assume responsibility for webinars, including topic development, leader facilitation, hosting and marketing.
- Manage Open Arms Lunch Program.
- Enter and maintain accurate patient/family records in Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge database.
- Work with Patient and Family Services team to continually evaluate and strengthen existing support programs and develop new programs as needs are identified.
- Assist in planning and executing Lauren’s Run and Annual Family Picnic.
- Assist with Bereavement Care program, including the planning of CURE’s Weekend of Hope and Healing and Legacy of Love retreats.
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by Board of Directors, Executive Director and/or Director, Patient and Family Services.
- College degree preferred
- 5 years of nonprofit experience and/or experience with childhood cancer population preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity and genuine empathy for childhood cancer patients and their families
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality and self-motivation are necessary for success; ability to take direction; positive attitude is paramount
- Ability to function well within a team-oriented atmosphere and with a sense of humor.
- A strong belief in the organization’s mission and goals
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Those interested should send resume and cover letter (required) to Lisa Branch at email@example.com.