CURE Childhood Cancer is seeking an experienced individual to serve as the Development Manager, South Georgia. The successful candidate will join a well-respected and collegial team and will contribute to the mission of the organization, which is to conquer childhood cancer through funding targeted research while supporting patients and their families.
Position: Development Manager, South Georgia
Reports To: VP, South Georgia
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Savannah, GA
Workplace Type: On-Site Hybrid
Compensation: $60,000-$65,000 – plus generous benefits
Reporting to the VP, South Georgia, the Development Manager will provide broad support for CURE’s fundraising efforts in South Georgia and the South Carolina Lowcountry.
The Development Manager must have an adaptive/flexible work style and the ability to manage multiple projects in a solution-focused manner while taking and receiving instruction. This position requires an advanced level of accountability, problem-solving, communication, interpersonal skills, and genuine empathy for childhood cancer patients and their families.
Support and maintain the vision, mission, priorities, and guiding principles of CURE, as established by the Board of Directors. Understand the strategic direction and purpose of CURE and conform to the stated strategies and business needs.
- Work closely with South Georgia team to raise funds and awareness of CURE’s brand and mission throughout the South Georgia service area;
- Foster donor relationships throughout the year with multiple touchpoints, including face-to-face meetings;
- Assist with all Catie’s Gathering events as needed focusing especially on communication and follow up with event sponsors;
- Manage Shell Out for a CURE’s event committee and lead planning committee
- Manage Savannah September garden flag program in collaboration with Atlanta team
- Lead planning committee for new Homecoming event, and work closely with Development Director of Events, South Georgia on details;
- Become proficient in Raiser’s Edge and GiveSmart;
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with CURE staff, members of the Board of Directors and Savannah Leadership Council, donors, patient families, volunteers, hospital staff, and other supporters and partners;
- Work with PR team to grow CURE’s brand awareness in South Georgia;
- Assist the VP of South Georgia in recruiting, organizing, and onboarding Savannah Leadership Council meetings and engagements;
- Under the supervision of the Development Director, Individual Giving, organize and manage Annual Fund Campaign support in Savannah and South Georgia including researching and analyzing individual donors and prospects, cultivating prospects, and stewarding donors;
- Under the supervision of the VP of South Georgia and Development Director, Individual Giving, assist with major gift efforts including tracking visits, next steps, and providing feedback;
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent CURE in the community; and
- Perform all other job-related responsibilities and duties as required by the CEO, Board of Directors, VP, South Georgia.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Three to five years previous nonprofit development experience preferred, including special event fundraising;
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to work in a collaborative environment where teamwork, collegiality, and self-motivation are necessary for success; ability to take direction; positive attitude is paramount;
- Strong initiative;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Superb writing and editing skills, meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to independently perform all duties of the position; and
- Ability to develop working knowledge of database software.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Development Manager, South Georgia” in email subject line.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.