Atlanta Area Summer Family Fun
Zoo Atlanta Library Pass Program
Where do I get the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass?
- You must visit your local public library to obtain the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass.
- Adults with a valid library card from any branch of a participating public library system throughout the state of Georgia* may access the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass. One pass is available for checkout at each participating branch and may be checked out once per year, per household.
*excluding the Auburn Avenue Research Library in Atlanta.
How do I use the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass?
- Check out the Zoo Atlanta Library Pass DVD at your local library. (No self-checkout; DVD must be checked out at the library front desk.) When you return the DVD to your library, you will receive a receipt. Please save this receipt; it is required for Zoo admission. The pass is valid for 14 days from the date of the receipt showing the return of the DVD.
- Present your Zoo Atlanta Library Pass receipt and your library card at the Zoo Atlanta front gate for admission.
- Pass is valid for up to four guests; standard general admission will apply to families larger than four. The pass is valid for general admission only and may not be used for fee-based events or programs. Not valid with any other discount, offer or promotion; may not be redeemed for cash.
- If the DVD is lost or damaged, a $30 replacement fee will be charged by the library system. Overdue fines will be charged for late returns.
City of Atlanta and Fulton County Family Days
Zoo Atlanta will host City of Atlanta and Fulton County Family Days on Saturday and Sunday, August 19 and 20, 2017. On these two dates, guests who can demonstrate residence in the City of Atlanta or Fulton County or employment in City of Atlanta Government or Fulton County Government will receive free admission. Free admission is valid for two adults and up to four children per party. Recognized forms of identification:
- City of Atlanta or Fulton County residents: Recognized forms of ID include a Georgia driver’s license; State of Georgia-issued voter identification; or water, gas or light utility bill demonstrating residence in the City of Atlanta or Fulton County.
- Employees of City of Atlanta Government or Fulton County Government: Recognized forms of ID include a City of Atlanta employee identification card or Fulton County Government employee identification card.
Passport to Pupperty
Check out the Georgia Public Libraries’ Passport to Puppetry at any participating public library in Georgia for free museum admissions and special show and workshop discounts for your family!
Thanks to a partnership between the Center for Puppetry Arts and Georgia’s Public Libraries, citizens with valid library cards can check out the Center’s new “Passport to Puppetry” at any participating public library in all 159 Georgia counties.
ADMIT FOUR to MUSEUM EXHIBITS!
- Valid for up to 4 Museum admissions.
- Receive 25% Off an All-Inclusive ticket, which includes a Family Series Performance, a Create-A-Puppet Workshop, and the Museum!
- All-Inclusive ticket discount must be redeemed day of Museum visit.
- Offer only valid on Family Series performances.
- Please note that shows are not performed every day; check website for dates and show times.
- Subject to availability; entry into the show or workshop is not guaranteed.
- Not valid online, for previously purchased tickets, group ticket sales, or with any other discount.
Visit www.georgialibraries.org for full details on accessing and how to use the “Passport to Puppetry” or visit your local Georgia public library for more information.
- $9 Adults
- $1 Kids (5-9 years-old)
- Free (4 years-old and under)
Everyone receives FREE admission to the Museum on the second Sunday of each month as part of Family Fun at the Woodruff Arts Center! Enjoy special family-friendly programming from 1 to 4 p.m.
Family Fun at the Woodruff Arts Center is sponsored by the Lettie Pate Evans Foundation, which is part of the family of foundations that also includes the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation. The Lettie Pate Evans Foundation is an independent private foundation that invests primarily in education, arts and culture.
Library Loan Program
Georgia State Parks Library Loan Program Georgians with public library cards can check out a Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass—much like checking out a book.
The ParkPass exempts you from paying the daily $5 parking fee at state parks, and the Historic Sites Family Pass exempts up to 4 visitors from admission fees to state historic sites operated by Georgia State Parks & Historic Sites.
Plan because supplies are limited.
Noah’s Ark is a 250-acre sanctuary for abused, unwanted and neglected animals. A beautiful “park like” setting with paved pathways to bring your family and enjoy an afternoon out. We have a beautiful picnic area and playground. Wear your walking shoes, pack a lunch and come spend the day with us!
Noah’s Ark never charges admission to come and see the animals, however we do accept and appreciate donations to help feed and care for the animals.
2017 Outdoor Movies
Here is a list of outdoor movies playing in the Atlanta area this summer: